Executive Leadership Summits are invite-only with a strong focus on networking and relationship-management. The agenda contains keynote presentations and workshops: carefully chosen to give you a rewarding and profitable day.
Our attendees are made up of CIOs and CCIOs in the NHS, leaders from NHS England and NHS Digital and health IT innovators from industry.
The event gives delegates:
- a full day of learning, networking and expert-led workshops
- an unrivalled forum to meet and share ideas with key influencers and leaders in healthcare/NHS IT
- a working lunch
In July, we will look at the Global Digital Exemplar sites and their role in a digitally-enabled NHS; including keynotes from Dr Harpeet Sood, Associate CCIO, NHS England and Joanna Smith, Chief Information Officer, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust.
The Executive Leadership Summit in March 2017 once again saw our high profile speakers lead discussions on the latest thinking in healthcare IT, including:
- Tom Denwood, Provider Support and Integration Director, NHS Digital, on supporting local service integration for 21st century care
- Will Smart, NHS CIO, NHS England, on the concept of leadership in healthcare IT transformation
- Rachel Dunscombe, CIO, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, on digital excellence
Attendees also had the opportunity to attend our expert-led and practical workshops, covering diverse topics such as:
- Vendor neutral archive: the importance of being independent, led by Graham King, Solution Architect, EMEA, Healthcare at Lexmark
- Cancer patient ID: using artificial intelligence to detect cancer and speed treatment, led by David Gilmore, Data Science, Business Development at Digital Reasoning
- How you do you handle variability in knowledge at your hospital? led by Breda Corish, Clinical Solutions Director, Elsevier
- The power of cognitive computing within the UK NHS, led by Phil Colbourne, Director - Healthcare EMEA Merge, an IBM company
“HIMSS events have an element of prestige associated with them. ELS is known for being a great place to share thoughts and best practice amongst likeminded CIOs. The networking and dinner element was really unique from a peer to peer perspective.”Christine Walters, Director of Informatics, St Helen’s and Knowsley NHS Trust
Executive Leadership Summit lunch
The Executive Leadership Summit includes a working lunch in the dining hall of the King's Fund to give you quality-time with new contacts and your peers in health and care IT.